Tuesday 5 November 2013

Production Log - 05/11/2013 - Attending an Editors Talk

Yesterday, I attended the Hearst Editors Talk at the Millenium Hotel in London.

The talk featured four Editor's, and these were:

Victoria White - Editor, Company Magazine
Mandie Gower - Editor, Zest Magazine
Sarah Bailey - Editor-in-Chief, Red Magazine
Louise Court - Editor-in-Chief, Cosmopolitan
David Moynihan - Editor, Digital Spy (Editor of NME until March 2011)

The talk covered lots of aspects of magazine production, though I found there was a resounding message about how it has changed so much, in such a short space of time.
It seems that new media is vital to anyone in the industry now. Even the editors' personal Twitter accounts have to be carefully thought out (The Company editor feels that posting about her children will use their younger target audience. The Cosmo Editor-in-Chief has been told that she posts too much about the sports team she supports).

Another thing that I felt was important was the mention of "Brand Pillars". I think it's important for my magazine to have Brand Pillars, therefore, I will be considering what these will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment