Tuesday 4 February 2014

Box Out Text

When thinking of ways to improve my double page spreads and allow my reader to connect with the band, I decided to use minimal box out text to do so.

  • The first double page spread contains the text "On Tour March 2014" in the corner of the page. This encourages my reader to buy tickets to see the band live. This also relates to the article content, as I mention a soundcheck at Camden Roundhouse.
  • The last double page spread contains the text "Tigerilla's debut album 'The Jungle' is released February 23rd 2014" at the bottom of the page. This encourages my reader to buy the band's album.
Since including these, I have had several ideas of how I can improve my magazine, and this has affected the box out text I will use.

  • I recently came up with the idea to create a QR code that links to a teaser for Tigerilla's music video for their debut single. This will have some text beside it, encouraging readers to use the QR code. I am currently considering the phrase "Scan the QR code for a teaser for Tigerilla's music video".
  • I also thought it would improve the Instagram box to add a little description text. I am currently considering the text "Check out @Tigerilla for more like this. We think their snaps are pretty awesome. #filters"
I have also considered changing my original two sections of text.
  • Firstly, I feel it would be more effective to make the text "On Tour March 2014" look slightly stamp like, possibly placing this over the image on DPS1.
  • Secondly, I have decided to make the text "Tigerilla's debut album 'The Jungle' is released February 23rd 2014" part of the article, as I have noticed that many magazine articles end with a phrase similar to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment