Sunday 13 October 2013

Production Log - 13th Oct: Genre, Research & Next Steps

During lessons in media I have been working on planning my magazine.
Firstly, I decided that the genre of my magazine will be Indie Rock Pop (which I have been focusing my research on).

I started on my mood board, because I felt that would help me work out the vibe my magazine would have. Also, it helped me to organize the ideas I had in my head, so I could work with them in the rest of my planning. From this, I realized that the indie genre is very visual (with interesting styling - clothing is important in this genre - and artistic album covers). Again, with rock pop, there is a visual element (e.g. Lady Gaga). This means I need to make sure my magazine is visually interesting to not only capture the audience, but the feel of the genre.

My next step has been to come up with some name ideas, which I will complete next week and decide on which name I will work with.

Outside of lessons, I have been conducting research into existing magazines. This began with research into three front covers and I am continuing with research into contents pages.
I have also been thinking about what my cover star will be like and what sort of styling they will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment