Monday 30 September 2013

Production Log - Preliminary Task

The preliminary task was completed in two weeks, and was to create a front cover and contents page for a school magazine.
In our first lesson, we were shown examples of previous students' work. This gave me an idea of what I needed to create and I started to get some ideas. 
Following this, we went out around the school to take pictures with a DSLR. It was important to think of what could be used as a cover photo (so a combination of portrait and landscape shots were taken).

Our next step was to produce some design sketches. By this point I had some idea of which picture I wanted to use as my cover photo. Before sketching I decided on a name for the magazine "News@Haydon". I thought the name would be effective for the target audience, as the '@' symbol suggests some form of online interactivity. 
The design sketches gave me a better idea of the layout my magazine was going to have for when I went on to create the final product in Adobe InDesign - an industry standard piece of software.

Once I was happy with my front cover and contents page, I exported them as JPEGs so that I was able to post them onto my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment